The Indian Springs Hotel was built around 1823 by General William McIntosh and Joe Bailey. In 1825, the Treaty of Indian Springs, which gave away the last of the Indian lands in Georgia to the white man, was signed at the Indian Springs Hotel. It was sold to the State of Georgia in 1975. The State deeded the hotel to Butts County in 1982. It is also known as the Varner House. The printing of this card was donated by the Big Chief Grocery of Indian Springs, Georgia.
The Elder Hotel a two-story frame building was built in 1851 and burned in 1897. It 1903 the hotel was rebuilt into a lovely three story frame building overlooking the mineral spring. In all, the hotel was in operation over one hundred years. In burned in February 1984. The printing of this card was donated by James E. Cornell, Jr. of Indian Springs Georgia.
The Foy Hotel was originally called the Hoard House. It was built in the 1880's with fourteen rooms. By 1896 it was know as the Foy Hotel. It was enlarged in 1990 and enlarged again in 1921 to include 55 rooms. It was located south of the springs and across the road from the Indian Springs Hotel. The Foy Hotel burned in May of 1956. The printing of this card was donated by the citizens of Indian Springs, Georgia.
The Calumet Hotel was built in the early 1890's. It included a two-story hotel with dining rooms and ballroom. The hotel was located on the main highway (U.S. 42) across the street from the Elder Hotel. It burned in 1910. This card was donated by McMichael Brothers, Inc., Indian Springs, Georgia.
The Wigwam Hotel was built in 1890 on the hill above the spring on the ten-acre reservation owned by the State of Georgia. This site was a part of the original Indian reserve. It was a four- story frame Victorian structure, said to be one of the largest frame buildings in the world at that time. The hotel burned August 21, 1921. The printing of this card was donated by the citizens of Indian Springs, Georgia.
The Varner House, also known as the Indian Springs Hotel, was built about 1823 by General William McIntosh and Joe Bailey. In 1825, a treaty was signed, giving the last of the Indian lands to he State of Georgia, at the hotel. The Varner family bought the hotel in 1850 and owned it until 1953. Butts County, Georgia now owns the hotel Springs Hotel. The printing of this card was donated by the citizens of Indian Springs, Georgia.