The Indian Springs Hotel was built in 1823 as a stagecoach inn by Chief William McIntosh.. Come tour the Museum on weekends from April to first weekend in December or by appointment.
Built in 1885, the building served as a community school until 1932. Visit us at one of our monthly meetings to tour this beautiful structure.
Built in 1890, was constructed from leftover lumber milled for the Wigwam Hotel.
Robert Grier, astronomer and founder of "Grier's Almanac", lived in Butts County. He and his family members are buried in a family cemetery in the Stark Community.
The Historic 1898 Courthouse sits at the center of downtown Jackson on the square and was just renovated and includes offices for The Historical Society, Chamber of Commerce, Art Council and the Development Authority.
The Seven Islands of the Ocmulgee River was mentioned as a trading point in accounts of Carolina Fur Traders that go back as far as 1670.